School of Crop Health Policy Support Research (CHPR)
Key theme : Crop health for sustainable agricultural production under the regimes of WTO, IPR and convention of biological diversity (Cartagena protocol) and Indian farmer’s perspectives
- To standardize and implement guidelines and recommendations under the auspices of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures (SPS measures) for plant health in the regime of global legislations
- To protect animal or plant life or health from risks arising from the entry, establishment or spread of pests, diseases, disease – carrying organisms or disease causing organisms.
- To protect human or animal life or health from risks arising from additives, contaminants, toxins or disease causing organisms in food, beverages or food stuffs.
- To protect human life or health from risks arising from diseases carried by animals, plants or product thereof, or from the entry, establishment or spread of pests.
- To prevent or limit other damages from the entry, establishment or spread of pests.