School of Crop Health Biology Research (CHBR)
Key theme : Pest biology (Microbial Systems, Plant Microbe Interactions)
- Standardization and development of plant phenomics to support precisive genomic approach for disease/pest diagnosis.
- Investigations on physiological manifestations, signal transduction and regulation of stress responsive genes in causal agents of biotic stresses in crop plants.
- Repositories of diverse strains of pathogens/pests and development of screening protocols for traits of resistance in host plants and inherent genes relevant to stress tolerance
- Biology of host – pest interactions in the changing agro- climatic scenarios and to study the effect of climate change on the physiological and metabolic activities of the host and pathogens/pests.
- Development of diagnostic tools & artificial intelligence/molecular characterization of pathogenic variability and severity assessment of diseases and pests.
- Evaluation of host resistance genes employing recent omic approaches.